The SLHA has extended its HCV/Section 8 Landlord Incentive Program for Excess Damage Reimbursement. SLHA will offer up to $3,000 reimbursement per leased unit for tenant-caused damage, beyond normal wear and tear, that exceeds the security deposit on account.
To qualify for reimbursement, HCV landlords must have submitted the following documentation within sixty (60) days of the tenant vacating the assisted unit and prior to the program’s end date:
- Excess Damage Reimbursement Claim Form (see attached);
- A copy of the itemized list of damages sent to the tenant at the last known address pursuant to RSMo. 535.300;
- Photos or videos that clearly identify the damage(s) to the unit;
- Itemized invoice(s) for work performed;
- Verification of the amount paid for the security deposit; and
- Written certification and photos that confirm the required repairs have been completed.
Rental units covered under an SLHA PBV HAP contract are not eligible for landlord incentives.
UPDATE (01.02.2024) – Thank you for your interest in SLHA’s HCV Landlord Incentive Program. Please note that the Signing Bonus and Security Deposit Assistance incentives have ended; however, pending requests will be processed in the order received.